Tuesday 25 September, 2012

DRAUPADI

i am late,more than one month...because it's about Draupadi...

'DRAUPADI' - My third play performed on august 20,2012.It was an experience for me because of many reasons.
I don't want to hurt any one.only so i can't write the whole things about the works for this play.


a dream came true…

It was a dream,which had and started many years ago...many times the flow of the work stopped by some hurdles and the entire crew failed to jump...
Sukanya,who played the lead role,is the real reason for this work. When she read the novel,'Yajnaseni' by Prathibha Ray,had a thought to play the role of draupadi.She shared her idea to our director, Prof.Chandradasan and after this,the pen ran through the paper and wrote a script.Started rehearsals with Sumesh and Selvaraj,two of the senior actors of Lokadharmi.But,the time was not ready to support them...
problems...problems...blocks...breaks...so,project postponed... 

Again started some months back,with Sukanya,Selvaraj and Shaiju,who selected in  the place of Sumesh.Sumesh is one of the finest artist of Lokadharmi,who gave up the work because of some serious health problems and family conditions in that time...

I knew about the actors role in that play and interested to see and study.
One day,in a meeting for the restart of play Sir asked me : ‘Do you want to work in this play;not as an actor only in any other areas?’
Without any doubt,I replied : ‘I can assist You.'

Started rehearsals,but the Time played his/her role again.The actress had an accident and the play,again postponed…
  
When,National School of Drama(NSD) invited application for next Bharath Rang Mahotsav-2013,the team rejoined…
Sukanya in the lead role as draupadi.
Selvaraj as Yudhistira,Bheema,Dusaassana and Soothradhara.
Shaiju as Arjuna and Krishna.
Me in the role of direction assistant.

We met one day at changampuzha park and planned ‘how to go ahead?’.As per the plan,we started our rehearsals at KSEB Hall, Ernakulam and without hard blocks,we travelled.

The rehearsals started with me,instead of Shaiju,only as a dummy. Shaiju got a new job in a company,little far from the hall.Because of shift work,He missed rehearsals,two days/week.
Rehearsals continued.I started as an assistant in direction, then changed to dummy actor and at the end of the journey I played the role of Arjuna and Krishna in the premier.        


Conclusion:

I performed or ‘just did’ the play named 'DRAUPADI' on august 20,2012.
It was an experience for me because of many reasons.
I had some happy moments and had many bitter and painful also.
I don't want to hurt any one.Only so I can't write the details here,on Draupadi. 
    

No comments: